Lab technician - Developing and running a cell culture lab
BioAge Labs seeks a reliable and highly-motivated lab technician to support the activities of the research and development team. We are seeking a results-oriented person who demonstrates personal accountability for outcomes. A person with experience in aging, cell biology or similar would be preferable. The successful candidate will be familiar with cell biology laboratory techniques, general lab maintenance, and responsible for culture of various cell lines using aseptic techniques.
We are open to appointing applicants from a biologist, biochemist or biochemical engineering background that have the ability and motivation to acquire the multidisciplinary skills required for the role.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lab maintenance support including inventory & purchases.
- Monitors laboratory equipment and instrument performance.
- Obtains maintenance and repair as necessary.
- Accomplishes day-to-day care and housekeeping of laboratory.
- Orders and maintains stocks of laboratory supplies as needed.
- Maintains cell cultures.
- Performs experiments as instructed.
- Instructs others in laboratory methods, procedures, and techniques and provides technical guidance and direction as required.
- Basic data analysis in Excel, preparation of slides.
- The successful candidate must have a BS in Biology, Biotechnology or a related field. MS is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 years of cell culture experience.
- Minimum of 2 year industry experience is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Authorized to work in US.
- Works well with others.
- Handles tight timelines effectively.
- Willing to do occasional off hours and weekend work.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Ability to adequately record, analyze and document data using online tools.
- Ability to reproducibly follow established procedures.
- Observes experiments and trouble shoots as necessary.
- Reconciles results that are disparate from anticipated findings and re-runs as necessary.
- Notifies principal investigator of problems associated with experiments, measurements, or analyses and suggests changes to methods, procedures, or techniques as appropriate.
- Good hands-on laboratory skills.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org