Director of Medicinal Chemistry
We are looking for our first medicinal chemist to spearhead our drug development program from hit validation through early stage preclinical development.
- design and manage projects conducted by international contract research organizations.
- identify mechanism of action for hits from phenotypic screens.
- lead generation.
- lead optimization, including collaboration on design of preclinical experiments to facilitate iteration.
- survey the relevant intellectual property literature to ensure that the compounds that the company develops are commercially viable.
- doctoral degree in organic chemistry with 10+ years experience in pharmaceutical industry.
- experience with entire hit-to-lead determination process (identification, triage, validation) and lead optimization, especially via phenotypic screens.
- expertise in structure-based drug design.
- demonstrated success in working with international contract research organizations.
- up-to-date with latest developments in the intellectual property / patent space and chemical literature.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org