Scientist I. Developing aging intervention therapies – in vitro and in vivo testing
BioAge is looking for a talented bench biologist to join our team. We’re an early-stage startup developing novel bioinformatics approaches that harness large amounts of data to identify new therapies that impact human aging. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Felicis Vetnrues, AME Cloud Ventures, and other great investors focused at the interface of science and computation, and our work was recently covered in Wired and GenomeWeb.
We are looking for a highly productive PhD bench scientist to support the activities of the research and development team. Candidates must have an interest in aging research with a strong publication record. You will get an opportunity to create clinical candidates for an emerging and exciting biology and to translate that into a pipeline of differentiated medicines.
You must be familiar with standard cell biology & molecular biology laboratory techniques including real time PCR, flow cytometry, and genetic manipulation. You will work with bioinformatics and biologist colleagues to foster a strong culture of innovation, scientific rigor, collaboration, and transparency.
- PhD in Biology, Biomedicine, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related field
- Track record of scientific accomplishments through publications or patents
- Background in cell biology, aging or molecular biology
- Hands-on proficiency with laboratory techniques such as real time PCR, flow cytometry, FACS, genetic manipulation is preferable
- Experience with laboratory automation is an advantage
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, data recording) and organizational skills
- Ability to carry out research tasks independently and effectively collaborate with other research staff in the laboratory
- Highly productive, flexible (willing to do occasional off hours and weekend work), and able to get things done on tight timelines
- Detail oriented and well organized
To apply, please send a Cover Letter, the reference letters or contact details of former employees and your CV to email@example.com
BioAge offers a competitive salary and benefits. The closing date for receipt of applications is 15th of October 2017.